St. Patrick’s Drama Group, Westport
Wednesday 26th April
8pm | Tickets €11
RTE All Ireland Drama Festival Fringe
Ireland’s first and Radio Éireann’s own agony aunt, Frankie Byrne, whose legendary programme with its ‘Dear Frankie’ letters of advice was broadcast from 1963 to 1985. For over 20 years, Ireland tuned in as Frankie Byrne solved the problems of a nation at lunchtime on Radio Éireann. Lovelorn teenagers, jealous husbands, concerned mammies all wrote in looking for answers to their problems.
This entertaining, yet poignant, play tracks the life of this glamorous and popular Irish figure as she considers the burning social issues of the time – all the while concealing deep sorrows in her own life.
- Doors open at 7pm nightly.
- Early arrival at the theatre is advised.
- Latecomers cannot be admitted before the interval.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.
- Beat the queues. Pre-order your interval drinks at the bar before the show.
- Connaught Street Car Park, Pearse Court Car Park and O’Connell Street Car Park are all located within a 2-minute walk of the theatre.
- Please present your ticket to ushers at each performance. Entry cannot be permitted without a valid ticket for each performance.
Should you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your co-operation.