Friday 28th April
8pm | Tickets €22, €20
Night 2 of the RTE All Ireland Drama Festival 2023
Happy Days is a play in two acts, written by Beckett. Viewed positively by critics, it was named in The Independent as one of the 40 best plays of all time.
Winnie, buried to her waist, follows her daily routine and prattles to her husband, Willie, who is largely hidden and taciturn. Her frequent refrain is “Oh this is a happy day.” Later, in Act II, she is buried up to her neck, but continues to talk and remember happier days. For the audience, “Happy Days” will produce many questions, answered and unanswered by the script and a theatrical experience like none other
- Doors open at 7pm nightly.
- Early arrival at the theatre is advised.
- Latecomers cannot be admitted before the interval.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.
- Beat the queues. Pre-order your interval drinks at the bar before the show.
- Connaught Street Car Park, Pearse Court Car Park and O’Connell Street Car Park are all located within a 2-minute walk of the theatre.
- Please present your ticket to ushers at each performance. Entry cannot be permitted without a valid ticket for each performance.
Should you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation.