Wexford Drama Group
Wednesday 3rd May
8pm | Tickets €22, €20
Night 7 of the RTE All Ireland Drama Festival 2023
Andre is a Parisian man facing persecution from all sides, and he refuses to take it any longer. First, some girl, a “helper” whom he doesn’t need at all, steals his favorite watch. Then his daughter, Anne, tries to take his flat away. The beautiful flat he’s had for over thirty years, in which he is still quite capable of living, thank you very much! His daughter Elise, the one he actually loves, where is she? She never comes to visit. Anne’s husband (or lover) Pierre, with whom she is moving to London,or staying in Paris, threatens Andre, and to top it off strangers keep entering Andre’s flat, telling him that they are his friends and family. However aged he may be, Andre knows he still has all his faculties…. Doesn’t he?
In a darkly humorous and deeply poignant translation by Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller’s “The Father” is a tragi-comic mystery, a sobering and realistic family story, and an unsentimental, emotionally intense look at aging.
- Doors open at 7pm nightly.
- Early arrival at the theatre is advised.
- Latecomers cannot be admitted before the interval.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.
- Beat the queues. Pre-order your interval drinks at the bar before the show.
- Connaught Street Car Park, Pearse Court Car Park and O’Connell Street Car Park are all located within a 2-minute walk of the theatre.
- Please present your ticket to ushers at each performance. Entry cannot be permitted without a valid ticket for each performance.
Should you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation.